The Training and Development Specialist for JAG, In-School Youth, and Out-of-School Youth Staff plays a central role in promoting the professional growth of our team, maintaining compliance with WIOA and DWD guidelines, and ensuring that program Manuals are current and accessible to all staff. This position requires a passionate and detail-oriented individual with strong training and development skills. This position reports directly to the Director of Youth Services.
Shift and Compensation
- Monday- Friday
- 42,000 a year salary
- Full Benefits, PTO, and Holiday pay starting day 1!
- Partial remote work available
- Develop, implement, and manage training programs for in-school youth and out-of-school youth staff, ensuring they are up to date on program practices, WIOA regulations, and DWD requirements.
- Monitor and ensure strict adherence to WIOA and DWD guidelines across all program activities, including tracking, documentation, and reporting.
- Keep program Manuals current by updating content as needed and making sure they are readily available to staff.
- Train and onboard new hires, providing them with a comprehensive understanding of program procedures, guidelines, and objectives.
- Develop and execute ongoing training initiatives for existing staff to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Conduct evaluations to assess the effectiveness of training programs and make necessary improvements.
- Maintain accurate records of staff training and compliance activities and prepare reports as required.
- Foster open and effective communication with staff, management, and external partners to ensure alignment with program goals and guidelines.
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times when handing sensitive information.
- Serve as a central point of contact for staff inquiries, providing prompt and accurate responses and routing messages appropriately.
- Participates in intradepartmental meetings, as necessary.
- Supports other staff as needed.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years’ experience in related field preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adjust to a flexible schedule.
- Must possess a current Driver’s License and be able to travel for work
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products at an advanced level, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
- Proven experience in program coordination and administrative support, preferably in an education or youth development setting
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in data entry and management
- Proficiency in data management tools and software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, databases, data visualization tools)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Knowledge of JAG program guidelines and objectives (preferred)