Third shift Slitter Operator-
- Pay DOE
- Sunday-Thursday 10p-6a, training on days Monday-Friday 6a-2p will be required.
- Daily and weekend overtime possible
Interview and tour will be required as part of hiring process
The Slitter Operator is part of a production line crew and is responsible for the preparation and processing of metal in and out of the Slitting Machine.
- To utilize proper handling procedures to ensure that metal product is not damaged
- To ensure all material is properly labelled, identified and packed
- To report any non-conforming metal product
- To work safely and always use proper PPE
- To always follow company rules, regulations and procedures
- Thread the material through the machine initially by hand and then jogging it through the cutting press
- Input data into the shop floor pc, check and validate labels are correct from computer on to the corresponding coils.
- Selects, cleans, installs spacers and knives on arbors and hones knives with oilstone to remove nicks.
- Installs rubber sleeves over spacers to provide gripping surface for rollers and to facilitate movement of material being slit.
- Lowers the arbor until knives mesh, and measures clearance with feeler gauge.
- Threads sheeting through slitter and verifies dimension of cut specifications.
- Secures strips on recoiler, adjusts guides and roller tension with hand crank, thread edge trim to scrap winder and starts machine.
- Observes slitting and rewinding operation and examines cut strips for flatness, burrs on edges and surface defects.
- Will observe the machine and is required to communicate mechanical or quality issues timely
- Will ensure the work area is consistently kept in compliance with all housekeeping and safety standards
- Responsible for arranging stacking panels according to packaging specification
- Responsible for meeting standards relating to productivity and quality daily
- Filling out and submitting required paperwork daily
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand and interpret order requirements
- Able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to read, write and speak English