Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Sales, Marketing & Business Development
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Pro Resources Staffing Service is currently recruiting for a Sales Assistant Manager for a major logistics/shipping company in the Indianapolis area. This position reports to Sales Manager. Provides sales and marketing support including direct sales activities, developing business relationship with potential and existing customers, reporting on activities for assigned accounts, coordination with various branch operations and corporate sales as necessary, and coaching and assistance to operation team. This is a DIRECT HIRE, SALARIED opportunity. **NO COMMISSION**
**Interested applicants should submit resumes directly to [email protected] for immediate consideration.**
- New Business Development identifying potential targets, cold calling, appointment making. Target is non-Japanese customer for ocean business (30%)
- Client Relationships / Existing Business Expansion keeping a close relationship with
existing customers and identifying potential new opportunities. (70%)
- Reporting sales and customer forecasts and activity to Branch and Regional Sales Team Sales planning and marketing forecasts, marketing materials, marketing and sales promotion recommendations.
- Coordination with various branch operations and corporate sales as necessary
Detailed Job Description Include but are not limited to:
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable regarding all of NEU s total service products to generate sales, revenue and profits to meet established goals. This will be achieved by effective cold calling, networking, prospecting, assessing customer business potential to generate viable leads, timely and accurately responding to RFI s, RFQ s and bids, scheduling appointments, developing additional collateral materials as required, preparing and presenting professional client presentations.
- The primary objectives are to obtain new customers for the Branch to diversify the existing customer base to increase revenue and profit results; and increase revenues and profits from existing customers by securing new traffic lanes and service modes throughout the USA and other international markets, including Asia.
- Interact professionally at all times with all external contacts including customers, vendors and Agents, and all internal contacts within and outside of the Branch, including co-workers, and management.
- Develop a keen understanding of the intricacies of all commercial operations capabilities at the Branch, domestic USA and international levels so that the service levels that are sold to customers can be consistently delivered at rates that are competitive and yield profits.
- Timely and accurately report account and sales activity, recommendations and proposed solutions to senior management.
- Strong teamwork skills and inclination
- Strong communications skill listening, public speaking, providing and receiving feedback
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry highly desired.
- Ability to understand, develop and maintain multi-cultural relationships
- Patience ability to deal with complex processes that may involve multiple levels of approval
- Familiar with logistics concepts including contract and tariff
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
- At least 5 years of working experience in international freight forwarding, domestic trucking business, especially ocean NVOCC industry
- Analytical skill (familiar with logistics concept and planning concept)
- Knowledge of international commerce (sales and payment term, method, customs regulations etc.)
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT), State, Federal and Interstate Commerce commission (ICC) regulation desirable
- Must be able to travel extensively within the regional territory as well as occasionally to other branches.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer key board as well as other office machines: e.G., cell phones, calculators, photocopiers, printers, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact
- Manage product mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims
- Communicate at a high level(written and verbal)
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through ethical sales methods
- Be highly competent with Microsoft Office Products, with emphasis on Lotus Notes, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be self driven and results-oriented
- Have a high sense of personal responsibility
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with customers
- Demonstrates effective negotiations and closing techniques
- Have a clean driving record