Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Fort Wayne, IN 46898
1st shift: starts at 6: 00am 5 days per week + Saturdays
Job Duties Can Include:
1) Align roofing materials with edges of roofs.
2) Apply alternate layers of hot asphalt or tar and roofing paper to roofs, according to specification.
3) Apply gravel or pebbles over top layers of roofs, using rakes or stiff-bristled brooms.
4) Apply plastic coatings and membranes, fiberglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles.
5) Cement or nail flashing-strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
6) Cover exposed nail heads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage and rust.
7) Cover roofs and exterior walls of structures with slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, and/or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers and other tools.
8) Cut felt, shingles, and strips of flashing; and fit them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces.
9) Cut roofing paper to size using knives; and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials.
Must be able to work 1st Shift, 9-10 hour days, including Saturdays.
No High School Diploma/GED required.
At least one year of previous roofing/construction experience.