Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Goshen, IN 46526
Pro Resources is currently seeking a Lab Technician to work at a global manufacturer with a facility located in Goshen. This company s specialty is to produce and work with various types of metals, in all its forms, shapes and sizes. Innovative processes and use of heavy machinery are used to produce, manufacture and distribute a variety of metal based products such as rods, wires, powders, and products for welding and thermal spraying. Our main objective is to hire the best person we can find for every position. Excellent benefits upon Direct Hire including health and wellness programs, insurance, paid time off, company retirement program, and many talent development initiatives. While working for Pro Resources Staffing you will have access to health benefits including dental and vision insurance, as well as term-life and short-term disability insurance. Your Pro Resources Staffing representative will be available to help provide the support you need while working toward direct hire. Pro Resources offers a referral bonus of $50.00. Ask us how!
Shift and Compensation
- 2nd shift: 2pm-10pm + OT,
- Training on 1st shift: 6am-2pm + OT, Pay: $18.00/hr
- 3rd shift also available: 10pm-6am
- Training on 1st shift: 6am-2pm, Pay $18.00/hr
- Communicate (written/verbal) with internal customers giving clear, concise instructions and/or directions.
- Collect, prepare, and analyze calibration, routine, and special (non-standard) samples of metal alloys.
- Select/order required consumables/research, recommend, and justify new parts, equipment and/or methods.
- "Troubleshoot and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Measure welding rods and wire using calipers, micrometers, tape measure, and steel ruler.
- Conduct hardness tests using Rockwell, Superficial and Micro-Hardness testers.
- Perform analysis on sample to determine oxygen, nitrogen, carbon & sulfur content using required instrumentation.
- Prepare and submit samples for chemical analysis using a button Melter.
- Follow specifications and procedures as presented.
- Willingness to submit to criminal background check and drug screen
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Constant fingering, grasping, feeling; frequent reaching, standing for sustained periods of time.
- Occasional balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and/or pulling (repetitive at times).
- Required to climb stairs to atomization tower as necessary.
- Ability to reach above head with two arms at once.
- Occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions including noise, fumes, dust, gases and extreme heat.
- Ability to stand/walk for duration of shift
- Ability to demonstrate good attendance record
- Ability to follow directions communicated both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with ability to work with a team
- Metatarsals, safety glasses and ear plugs required