Are you looking for a position with stability and advancement opportunities? This could be the position for you! Pro Resources Staffing Service is recruiting for a Quality Control Lab Technician for a top manufacturing facility in Greenville, OH. Excellent benefits package upon hire! Apply today!
Pay Rate: $25.00
Must be willing to work a 2 week rotating 12 hour shift - 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM and 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM
4 days on/4 days off for 2 weeks, then 4 nights on/4 nights off for 2 weeks
Job Duties Include:
- Using appropriate software to evaluate data based on internal and external specifications, support the continuous improvement of lab and plant processes through QA/QC activities and meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and other chemical samples and evaluate suitability according to established specifications to ensure quality and availability of final product
- Analyze samples, provide quality data, and become an active member along with the Lab Supervisor and Production personnel to provide innovative ideas to improve lab and plant processes and demonstrate continuous improvement
- Know, understand, and use software tools such as Lotus Notes, SAP, Microsoft Office Programs, etc. which enhance quality reporting
- Ensure the suitability of laboratory equipment through proper operation, maintenance, calibration, verification and good quality control and assessment activities
Ideal Candidate Background:
The selected candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, understand chemical and instrument measurement processes, be self-motivated, and willing to develop technical knowledge and understanding of the chemical and measurement processes involved in the manufacture of BASF products.
- Minimum 2-year Associate degree in chemistry or 2-year technical degree in analytical testing in Chemistry or related field is preferred, or at least 2 years laboratory experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment on a rotating shift is preferred
- Basic understanding of general chemistry
- Basic understanding of theory, operation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation such as gas chromatographs, viscometers, spectrophotometers, pH meters, moisture solids analyzers, etc.
- Basic understanding of the techniques of quality assurance and quality control
- Basic understanding of math and statistics
- Basic understanding of ISO/RCMS quality system requirements
- Basic computer skills using software packages such as Microsoft Office, Infinity QS Proficient (SPC software), SAP, Lotus Notes, etc.
Skill and Education Requirements:
- Perform all wet chemistry tests on applicable products.
- Perform Coatings application test for applicable products.
- Analyze and record the test results in Quest Database /COA generation.
- Interpret and follow documented procedures, all corresponding TMs, SOPs, JTAs ECPs
- Effectively communicate batch results to the appropriate personnel
- Participate in safe work practices.
- Prescribe appropriate batch adjustments required to bring product in specification.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Perform effectively in a team-based environment.
- Perform all required health and safety inspections at prescribed frequencies.
- Computer literate; scientific minded and detail oriented
- Occasional lifting, bending, and twisting of various range and motion requiring physical exertion when handling materials, drums, or equipment.
- Ability to lift 50-60 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk in work environment majority of time.
- Occasional use of stairs required.
- Occasional use of respiratory protection including air purifying, air supplied and self-contained air supplied respirators.