Pro Resources is seeking a Purchasing Manager for a client in Elkhart, IN. This position will purchase material from vendors at a negotiated price and terms to meet customer demands and corporate’s financial ability and turns.
Shift and Compensation
- Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30 PM
- Hire, fire and change the compensation and/or duties of any employee reporting to this position within the company policy and budget and with the President’s approval
- Develop and implement normal operating procedures.
- Develop new purchasing procedures for higher efficiency
- Manage inventory to eliminate scrap
- Monitor inventory levels and identify purchasing needs for maximum inventory turn and customer service levels.
- Research potential new vendors and products.
- Compare and Evaluate offers from vendors, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, terms, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and supplier’s reputation and history.
- Represent the company in negotiating or renegotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Monitor the assistant purchasing agent
- Seek and Partner with reliable vendors
- Determine quantity and timing of delivery for maximum turn of dollar
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Maintain a good relationship with the suppliers
- Liaise with the warehouse staff to ensure the products arrive in good condition
- Report and coordinate with the Sales Manager and salesman of any forecasted shortages or pricing issues
- Prepare cost analyses
- Enter data for purchase of material from vendors
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Travel to the branches when needed
- Solicit bid proposals and prepare bid requirements when needed
- Prepare purchase orders and review request for bids and services
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel in buying. Selling and distributing materials, equipment, machinery and supplies
- Analyze data to assess operational or projected effectiveness
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, operating strategies, organizational policies, plans or procedures
- Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans
- Be able to operate with the software being used by the company and the vendors
- Assist on customer phone calls and counter sales
- Proven work experience as a purchasing officer or agent for at minimum five years
- High School Diploma/GED
- BS Degree in Supplier Chain Management, Logistics, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Fluent in Microsoft Software
- 3+ years of electrical experience preferred