Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Kokomo, IN 46901
Pro Resources Staffing Service has a full-time, direct-hire opportunity for a manufacturer in BLOOMINGTON for a Production Manager.
The Production Manager reports directly to the President and COO and is responsible for scheduling and executing production requirements on all three shifts, in each department. The Production Manager oversees results from all three shifts via the Production Supervisors. The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that the production teams meet all safety, quality and productivity goals, and audits Production Supervisors and departments to ensure conformance. The Production Manager will support the hiring and interviewing of equipment operators and team leads. The Production Supervisor will communicate expectations, track results and document corrective actions for misses regarding safety, quality and productivity targets.
SUPERVISES: Production Supervisors, Team Leads and others on all shifts.
Production Employees, Management and Supervisors, Engineering Personnel, Quality related employees, Customers, and Suppliers and Human Resources.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate company goals and follow-up when expectations are not met.
- Must be able to talk to people, treat people fairly and not only communicate, but drive to achieve the company s goals.
- Must be able to report production, safety and quality issues in a timely manner.
- Must work with a sense of urgency and know how to prioritize activities while multi-tasking.
- Must show the ability to lead, train and mentor individuals through the manner in which they talk to people, treat people and support the company s goals.
- Must illustrate a desire for continuous improvement by developing individuals into a culture that continues to strive for improves in safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Must be able to manage audit results by applying corrective actions to misses, track activities and then communicate improvements observed.
- Must be an excellent problem solver and identify root causes through the use of a variety of problem solving tools.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Must have experience with 5S methodology and implementation.
- Experience with ISO 9001: 2008 and ISO/TS 16949.
- Experience with physical inventory and cycle counting.
- Mechanical knowledge and specialized awareness of current systems is necessary, plus vision for future methods is important.
- Have the ability to work with many cultures.
- May be required to supervise quality personnel or Inspection personnel as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a proven record of problem solving skills and multi-tasking.
- Must have a background showing leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to identify a work ethic that relates to not only their integrity, but a sense of urgency regarding getting it done .
- Demonstrated development of self and direct reports.
- Strong commitment to Company Core Values and Goals.
- Commitment to providing safe working environment for ALL employees.
- Ensure Customer s satisfaction by meeting Product and Service Quality and Communications.
- Possess a positive can-do attitude.
- Be Creative and resourceful in accomplishing responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- 2 or 4 year degree in a related science is preferred.
- Quality Six-Sigma and Lean Systems certification preferred.
- Trained as an ISO/TS16949 Internal Auditor preferred.