Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Marion, IN 46952
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and adjust equipment on packaging line. Loads pre-printed film and labels, make adjustments for proper alignment.
- Start and stop machines and equipment, clear jams. Load and maintain wrapper, shrink tunnel and carton sealer.
- Tends article stacker/hand packs, palletizes articles and packages materials in a variety of methods, i.E., bundles, bags, boxes, shrink wrap, tied, etc. According to packaging specifications. Construct and assemble boxes and stage them for use.
- Inspect product for quality and visual defects. Monitors quality by visual inspection, testing, measuring and recording results as required. Communicate to Team Leader when defective product is discovered.
- Pull finished goods pallets, wrap and place into finished goods storage.
- Rotate into all normal packer job assignments as needed throughout production departments.
- Sort, repack, clean and perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Work with and through others to accomplish required tasks.
- Keep workstation, tables and work area clean and free of tripping hazards
- Work safely and follow all GMP and PPE s.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required.
Experience in an industrial assembly line type environment or related type work preferred. Ability to communicate; reading and writing comprehension. Ability to follow directions.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This position works rotating shifts and weekends. Will work in a manufacturing environment. The ability to see, read, distinguish letters and/or symbols. Requires mechanical aptitude, near and far acuity vision. Must be able to learn and retain the part numbers and distinctions among various products. Must have legible handwriting. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with others. Overtime is required.
Standing, stooping, kneeling, twisting, bending, reaching, pulling for 10+ hours during 12 hour shift. Lifting required up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day. Tasks are performed in a production or warehouse environment which includes noise and moving equipment.