Packline Operator- second shift
Pro Resources, along with New Process Steel-Butler is looking for experienced, talented associates that are ready for a rewarding career with a company that’s a leader in the steel processing and steel distribution industry. We are currently accepting resumes for our SECOND shift career opportunities.
- Machinists (Slitter Operators)
- Production Team Members
- Slitter Set Up
- and more!
Pay rates begin at $17.60 per hour and UP based on role and experience.
These are SECOND SHIFT positions (2pm-10pm) and you must be able to work overtime (including Saturdays) as needed.
Banding of slit coils, placing coils on pallets, wrapping coils with protective covering, and occasionally staging wrapped coils for shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check incoming coils for all observable defects in compliance with customer requirements and reports deficiencies to the department head of team leader.
- Operates the down layer, removing any damaged ID tails and observes the automatic bander for proper operation and assures that the proper number of bands are placed on each cut.
- Operates the semi-automatic bander when needed.
- Reviews the customer work order for packaging instructions with the coordinator and removes the slit coils from the banding conveyor using a jib crane.
- Prepare the pallet with runner protection and package according to customer requirements. This includes VCI bags or other wrapping requirements.
- Places bands around coils and pallet using automated or hand bander making sure coils are securely banded to the pallet.
Job Requirements: Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Benefits offered after direct hire.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance