Third shift packager with Forklift experience
- Sunday through Thursday some daily and weekend overtime may be required
NEW PROCESS STEEL
BANDING PACKAGING LINE JOB DESCRIPTION
Prepares product for shipment and delivery to customers. This includes banding of slit coils, placing coils on pallets, wrapping coils with protective covering, and occasionally staging wrapped coils for shipment.
- Employee indoctrination and job description training
- Safety and Quality procedure training
- Fork lift training and certification
- On the job training with experienced employee
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This Position includes the following duties and responsibilities on a daily basis:
- Check incoming coils for all observable defects in compliance with customer requirements and reports deficiencies to the department head of team leader.
- Interrupts operation and reports any defects discovered and obtains necessary approval to continue processing.
- Observes work area and production team members for safe operating conditions. Interrupts operation if necessary to assure safety of team members. Identifies and reports safety problems and assist in eliminating unsafe conditions.
- Observes packaging equipment and reports any problems requiring corrective or preventative maintenance.
- Observes work area and assist in maintaining good housekeeping in the area.
- Operates the downlayer, removing any damaged ID tails and observes the automatic bander for proper operation and assures that the proper amount of bands are placed on each cut.
- Operates the semi-automatic bander when needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES continued
- Reviews the customer workorder for packaging instructions with the coordinator and removes the slit coils from the banding conveyor using a jib crane.
- Checks the gummy label on the slit cut to makes sure it is correct. If the slit cut size appears to be wrong the bander must check it with a tape measure
- Makes sure the proper size pallet is used for the customer and the cut is centered over the pallet. Wooden separators must cover the entire width of the coil build-up and be placed evenly around the coil.
- Prepare the pallet with runner protection and package according to customer requirements. This includes VCI bags or other wrapping requirements
- Places bands around coils and pallet using automated or hand bander making sure coils are securely banded to the pallet.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Banding Packaging Line person must be able to perform all Essential Duties and Responsibilities in other positions related to the operation of the warehouse at or below level of this position. Banding Packaging Line person may be required to perform these duties at various times to maintain production workflow and product quality.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to upgrade and maintain the safe, efficient operation of the warehouse.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position does have leadership responsibilities this includes being concerned for the safety of team members and being concerned about the general housekeeping of the production area.
The Banding Packaging Line person may be required to assist in the training of new Personnel.
This position has a Major impact on the quality of the end product produced and sold to customers. Mistakes or errors of job performance can be very costly to the company and the impact on customer satisfaction is significant.