Our client is a leading automotive manufacturing supplier of technologies and control systems for the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. With a commitment to innovation, efficiency, and continuous improvement, they have established themselves as a key player in the industry. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a talented and motivated Automotive Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Charleston, South Carolina.
Job Summary: As an Automotive Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the efficient and effective production of vehicles. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems. By utilizing your expertise in automotive manufacturing, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives and ensure high-quality output.
- Help lead our client's lean transformation and Continual Improvement Process
- Effective implementation of corrective actions to help drive and meet our client's climate neutrality goals
- Handle product changes, which are relevant to the assembly line and document the product and process changes
- Continually updating the Machine System Design (MSD) for various scenarios, workstation standards, Line side standards
- Establish EHS FMEA for the workstations and implement improvement points
- Experienced with updating and maintaining APQP documentation within IQRM software
- Purchase capital equipment for process expansion/improvements
- Develop and maintain plant layout to optimize production and inventory storage
- Assigned areas of responsibility for the manufacturing and assembly process to maintain and drive safety, quality and productivity improvements
- Improve profitability through automation and cycle time reduction
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in automotive manufacturing or a similar industry.
- Proficiency in CAD software (such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks/CREO) for designing and optimizing production layouts and workstations.
- Allen Bradley PLC troubleshooting knowledge
- IATF process documents knowledge
- Experience with process improvement methodologies, such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or Kaizen.
- Familiarity with project management principles and tools to effectively plan and execute manufacturing projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex issues and implement practical solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and effectively convey technical information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in manufacturing.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
If you are a driven and innovative Automotive Manufacturing Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a leading automotive manufacturing company, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and take the next step in your career!