Pro Resources is seeking a 2 1st Shift Maintenance Technicians for a client in Elkhart, IN. This candidate is self-motivated technical professional working with the management team to support the maintenance of all production equipment. Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of a wide range of industrial equipment, and for the installation of mechanical equipment. Ensures that the plant and equipment are maintained at the highest performance level and will strive to minimize cost, energy usage, and waste in accordance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations. Apply today!
Shift and Compensation
- 1st Shift Monday-Friday 6 AM-4 PM
- Experienced in all industrial safe practices, including Electrical, Lock Out/Tag Out. Will make safety a first priority in all activities.
- Working knowledge of all basic industrial mechanical components and systems such as bearings, mechanical drive systems and components, gear boxes, pumps, valves, compressors, blowers, and other hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical schematics and drawings, manuals, and set-up procedures. Basic understanding of electrical drawings.
- Can safely operate machine tools – drill press, power saw, pipe threader, etc.
- Able to dismantle, repair, rebuild, clean, adjust, and calibrate mechanical components and systems and return them to operators
- Experience in operation, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of pneumatic and hydraulic piping and associated control components
- Able to determine the most effective method to make repairs to production equipment and support systems to minimize the interruption of operation. Will advise the supervisor when equipment is in need of immediate attention to prevent damage to the equipment and/or prevent problems with quality with the finished product
- Experience in inspecting and assessing equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear and insufficient lubrication – ability to perform repair and adjustment
- Ability to install and align motors, gearboxes, and other equipment. Able to perform basic rigging procedures on a wide range of equipment
- Experience and training in basic welding and metal cutting skills. Able to perform basic metal fabrication
- Proven track record in working effectively within and integrated production and maintenance environment
- Basic working knowledge of electrical controls and drives
- Proficiency at performing and reporting out on assigned PM’s on equipment/systems
- Able to identify and request parts, supplies, and tooling needed for repairs and to replenish maintenance inventory
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Five years of experience with continuous operation production lines, working within an industrial environment
- Training and experience with electrical safe practices such as Lock Out/Tag Out
- Solid record of functioning as an effective team member within a continuous operation production environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to issue reports and updates
- Experience and training in utilizing powered equipment such as forklifts and aerial platform lifts