Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Garrett, IN 46738
Direct Hire- **Maintenance**
$20+ per hour
GENERAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES - Responsible for maintaining and repairing all plant mechanical and mobile equipment, notifying management of needed supplies, and assisting the production personnel as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follow guidelines established by the maintenance program.
2. Inspect, maintain and repair all plant equipment (including mobile equipment) in an efficient operating status.
3. Notify Management of any problems or potential problems with equipment, the need for part and supplies.
4. Research necessary parts and supply options for plant management.
5. Communicate with the Production Personnel related to equipment performance.
6. Paperwork - Complete and maintain all related paperwork as directed by management daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
7. Assist in any production related duties when necessary, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Prior experience in manufacturing preferred.
Welding must be proficient in welding and cutting steel.
a. Must be able to fabricate replacement parts
b. Hard surfacing front end loader buckets
c. Tack welding of chutes and duct work
Electrical minor trouble shooting and repair. Wiring of motors is required. An understanding of PLCs is preferred.
Conveyor Belts and Elevators must have experience in changing belts, tracking belts, splicing belts (new and replacements) and replacing buckets. Experience in changing drive parts, which include bearings, reducers, pulleys and motors.
Burners must have experience with working with and troubleshooting fuel burners for dryers.
Mobile Equipment General troubleshooting and servicing of equipment, including changing oil and performing manufacturers recommended services and minor repairs.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School or equivalent. Technical school or craft/tradesman experience is preferred.