Pro Resources is seeking a 3rd Shift Line Leader for a client in Elkhart, IN. The Operators will take the necessary actions to achieve the responsibilities of the position, the responsibilities that are delegated to them by the Lead Man, Production Supervisor and\or the Plant Manager.
Shift and Compensation
- It is the operator responsibility to maintain their line efficiently, clean, and safe.
- Must be able to read Line Sheet and Set up specifications carefully for finished
- Responsible for communicating the information on the Line Sheet.
- Responsible for assuring orders are completed correctly.
- Ensure minimal down time between set-ups
- Instruct line personnel during line changeovers to maximize the operating of the
equipment and organization of area.
- Use Hand tools, blades, etc as needed.
- Assist catcher
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a teamwork environment.
- Operate forklift
- Work with other operators regarding training and assistance
- Perform housekeeping duties, including the removal and replacement of full scrap
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to
products and processes
- Identify and record any problems relating to equipment and finished goods
- Communicate any concerns on equipment, safety, or product with supervisor and
• Fill out and complete daily Production Reports
• Responsible for filling out Quality Control Reports
• Responsible for filling out skid tag with the proper information
• Responsible for the set up of lamination station
• Responsible for returning tools in designated location
• Responsible for line speed, productivity and quality of finished product
• Assist in other areas of the plant
- Ability to read and understand a product master/ line sheet/ job tracker
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to perform basic math skills including, but not limited to: Addition, Subtraction, Division and Multiplication
- Ability to effectively read and use a tape measure
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basi
- Ability to walk back and forth consistently
- Must be able to perform jobs listed in PA1-PA3
- Understand and follow safety requirements, including following proper lockout/tag-out procedures and Job Safety Analysis Procedures
- Show leadership through self-motivation and support of/and cooperation with
- Use decision making skills to effectively organize the Panel Line
- Read a tape measure and caliper
- At least 2 years of experience operating machines/ and setting up equipment.
- 5 years’ experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Forklift experience is required, training will be provided.
- Must be motivated and willing to learn new tasks
- Must be able to read and interpret design orders/blue prints
- Mechanical experience preferred but not required
- Team lead experience preferred but not required