HEAT TREAT OPERATOR
Under the direction of Management and / or the Shift Foreman, is responsible for operations of carburizing and tempering furnaces and support equipment, and the flow of products through these operations to meet customer quality and delivery specifications.
SHIFT AND PAY
- 2nd shift 3:00pm to 11:pm with Overtime available on sat and sun
- $20-$24 an hour depending on experience
- Responsible for operation of carburizing and tempering furnaces, including set-up, start-up, monitoring and shut down procedures.
- Must be able to adjust furnace temperature and / or time of the heating, quenching, and / or cooling operations to insure desired quality of parts.
- Familiarity with equipment to enable some adjustments or corrections, and to notify maintenance personnel for equipment problems beyond operator capacity to correct.
- Monitor furnace temperature, dew points, and gas flow during operations.
- Maintain quality levels with a goal of 100% of parts meeting customer specifications.
- Perform hardness testing on finished parts and fill out necessary paperwork and tag test samples for metallurgical laboratory testing.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of work area.
- Perform other associate duties as assigned or directed.
- Responsible for performing duties in a safe and orderly manner, and for following safety rules as outlined by OSHA, IOSHA, and the DMT HOURLY EMPLOYEE POLICY MANUAL.
- Must have furnace operator experience
- Must be available for for overtime