Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Elwood, IN 46036
Pro Resources Staffing Service is assisting our client in Elwood, Indiana in their search for a Production Engineering Manager. This is a direct hire opportunity with a large supplier of automotive parts. Excellent benefits package!
Manages the planning and designing of methods to improve or enhance existing programs. Oversees the analysis and review of budgets, schedules, production requirements and headcount to determine the most cost effective and efficient methods of obtaining necessary resources. Develops and recommends revisions or enhancements to schedules, human and monetary resource allocations, and production requirements. Ensures projects are completed on time. Acts as advisor to production engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Manage engineering, maintenance, and kaizen departs
- Directs planning and design methods to improve production line processes and efficiencies.
- Plans/Specs./Oversee for new capital equipment for product launches or production improvements
- Manage/Plan budgets for capital equipment
- Manage and give concepts of plant layouts
- Conceptualize any high tech. Engineering methods to the engineers
- Design electrical/mechanical/hydraulics for any machine when needed
- Lead program launches meetings and communicate to all departs program launch tasks
- Assures compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Provides support for current production line operations.
- Supports new product launches including planning for new model launches, new production lines, or modifications to existing lines.
- Manages multiple projects at one time and assures project targets are completed in a timely manner.
- Uses excellent communication skills to report to employee and upper management.
- Evaluates performance of engineering staff and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Integrates new manufacturing process to the plant floor.
- Develops Process Failure Effects Mode Analysis documents for risk analysis.
- Documents production processes through Parts Charts documents.
- Creates standard work practices for production department.
- Implements design changes to current production processes.
- Coordinates multi-department improvement teams for production lines.
- Designs error-proof techniques for quality improvement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing, industrial, or process engineering or a relevant field.
- Prior experience as an Engineering Manager in a manufacturing environment. Preference is automotive manufacturing background.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment including, but not limited to: arc and resistance welding robots, painting robots, CNC controlled machines, stationary resistance welders, and other various assembly equipment.
- Knowledge of robot programming, welding applications, CAD design/layout, and PLC s is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Excellent knowledge of plastic material properties and their characteristics.
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and controls applications.
- Strong understanding of various quality and inspection standard practices.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills.