Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Angola, IN 46703
The Manufacturing Engineer designs, builds and maintains machines and tools within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive operation for manufacturing processes.
Shift and Compensation
- 1st Shift
- $50, 000 - $65, 0000
- Evaluates manufacturing processes, designs new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Prepare manufacturing proposals and estimates for new products including tooling cost requirements, and manufacturing resources.
- Participates actively and effectively in continuous improvement plans related to position responsibilities
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Ensures compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc)
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience preferable in a (input specific industry metal, plastics, etc) Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX etc)
- Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a hands on approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.