The Employment and Training Advisor is responsible for providing employment, education, and training services to job seekers and employers in Allen County counties.
Shift and Compensation
- 8am – 4:30pm, Mon – Fri $15.38 an hour
- Conducts one-on-one or group meetings with customers, identifies barriers to employment and identifies services that will help address these barriers. Concurrently enters required applicant information into the Customer Case Management System.
- May complete appropriate needs assessments with customers to identify skills, aptitudes, interests and supportive service needs to help each customer meet his or her employment goal.
- May prepare various forms of testing/assessment for customers, including selecting appropriate testing/assessment tools, proctoring tests, and interpreting results for each customer.
- May develop Academic Career Plan (ACP) with customers that establish appropriate career goals and detail specific plans for WorkOne services, skill development activities, and job search strategies. Updates and modifies the plan as needed to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Facilitates and arranges for the customer to attend needed employment seeking activities. This will include arranging for both in-house job search workshops as well as activities (as appropriate) at various community agencies or training institutions.
- Assists customers with accessing self-help and informational resources, i.e., Indiana Career Explorer (ICE), and review/interpret ICE results with customers to make informed customer service delivery decisions.
- Determines customer eligibility for workforce services. Maintain proper documentation of customer’s information, activities, and case notes entered into the Customer Case
- Conducts formal follow up with exited customers to collect outcome information and assess need for additional WorkOne services and support.
- Attend staff meetings, submit required reports, interpret program information, and make policy and procedural recommendations.
- 3 years of experience in business administration, social services, state or federal employment service program or related office experience