Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Indianapolis, IN 462183144
Pro Resources Staffing Service is assisting a locally owned and operated powdered metal manufacturing facility in the downtown area of Indianapolis in their search for experienced, reliable and quality oriented CNC Setup Operators with previous experience in a job shop. 3rd shift positions available but will train on days for the first two months. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401k with company match. Paid vacation/holidays. Temp to hire.
The CNC Set-Up Operator sets-up and operates CNC lathes and machining centers; edits programs; programming ability is a plus. Experience with CNC controls and instrumentation to monitor progress and determine actions.
Machining candidates must have:
- 3 to 5 years in manufacturing, as well as job shop experience.
- Ability to read micrometers, calipers and precision instruments.
- Experience troubleshooting problems and resolving machining issues.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing high quality and accurate work.
- Understanding of tooling equipment and processes.
- Willingness to work an off-shift and overtime.
- Knowledge of ISO/AS standards
- High school diploma or GED.
Must also have the ability to:
- Do multiple complex set-ups.
- Edit machine programs, including speeds and feed.
- Understand tooling equipment and process and set tools and inserts.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Run 3 & 4 axis vertical and horizontal mills & lathes.
- Use micrometers, calipers and gauges to do quality inspections.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve machining issues.