Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Angola, IN 46703
The Plant MRO Buyer is responsible for buying all maintenance, repair and operating supplies for the organization. Negotiations and purchases will be made in accordance with company policies and procedures and within the framework of Corporate Purchasing Contracts and Supplier Agreements. The Plant MRO Buyer is also responsible for the inventory management of the storeroom. These duties include direct handling, receiving, storage and issuance of materials from the MRO storeroom, cycle counting inventory and project work as required. Data entry, report generation and analysis of the data are an ongoing duty. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, invoice discrepancies as well as delivery timelines.
Shift and Compensation
- 1st Shift
- $20.00- $25.00/hr
- Review all approved purchase requisitions, process purchase orders accordingly and provide delivery date(s) to requestor as necessary.
- Purchase goods and services in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best offer available within time constraints of the requirements.
- Continual review of min/max and safety stock levels of all storeroom items and adjust as necessary.
- Maintain open and closed purchase orders.
- Verify that all incoming MRO storeroom supplies and parts are per print and/or purchase order.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices and substitutions.
- Operate within budget as provided by management.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Undertake periodic MRO cycle counts and/or full inventory count efforts as directed by management.
- Issue MRO items and equipment to employees and maintain records of parts and equipment issued and returned to storeroom.
- Receives, unpacks and stocks incoming items and equipment and runs MRO reorder report to replenish inventory as required.
- Notifies requestor upon receipt of non-stocked or spot buy requests.
- Maintains an orderly and clean storeroom environment while adhering to all safety requirements of Flex-N-Gate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) year s purchasing experience preferred.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Overtime as required.