Job Number: LM37528943
Pay Rate: $17.80 / hour
Do you have strong mechanical abilities?
Responsible for the operation of 1 or more multiple spindle screw machines to machine metal work pieces to specifications on a production basis.
Shift and Compensation
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by wearing appropriate safety equipment, following safe work practices and operating equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Operates one or more (normally 2) previously set up multiple spindle screw machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanism to perform a series of machining operations on metal bar stock.
- Reads dimensional guidelines for such information as dimensions, tolerances, and number of work pieces to be machined.
- Examines machine to become familiar with tooling setup.
- Loads stock into feeding mechanism.
- Starts machine and observes operation.
- Verifies conformance of sample work pieces to specifications, using preset gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, and sunnen hole gauges.
- Replaces or sharpens wom tools.
- Operate bench grinder or surface grinder to sharpen tools.
- Adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Removes chips and shavings from surfaces of machines, using oil line, brush, rag, or air hose, and wipes surfaces of machines with rag to remove excess oil.
- May be required to instruct other workers for training purposes.
- Monitors and documents quality and production data as required.
- Has the authority to stop shipment and / or to stop production to correct quality problems and prevent quality issues from reaching our customers.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- May be assigned other duties as required.
- Must be able to work in and encourage a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Sound mechanical abilities.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.