Pro Resources is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager for a client in Garrett, IN. Come work for the North American leader in the manufacture of high-quality steel and aluminum bar grating. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in leading a team in the efficient operation of a growing and complex manufacturing operation. The individual will complement the efforts of the team at the facility and work closely with them to aid in the seamless production, shipment, and accounting of product. The individual will work closely with the Senior Site Manager to build, train, and lead a staff and a direct labor workforce in a multi-shift operation. They will need to show that they can motivate a team to reach established manufacturing targets while maintaining the highest possible levels of safety and product quality. They must show that they possess an unwavering commitment to customer service, and they can foster this same level of customer service across their entire team
Shift and Compensation
- Monday-Friday 7 AM-4 PM
- Instill a safety culture and proactively improve the safety performance of the site.
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement by utilizing various world-class manufacturing techniques.
- Motivate a workforce with an appropriate level of compassion.
- Hire, onboard and train new employees; promote the growth of existing employees.
- Analyze metrics to understand the state of the operation and develop an appropriate path forward based on the data.
- Execute the Annual Operating Plan for the site through management of budgets and effecting the production plan.
- Assist with the development of budgets, including revenue forecasts, inventory forecasts, capital expenditures, and the Annual Operating Plan.
- Other tasks as assigned and necessary for successful completion of duties.
- A degree from an accredited university or similar education. Specific, demonstrated experience as an operations leader in a similar manufacturing environment may be a suitable substitute for the educational requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a world-class manufacturing environment.
- Must possess a bias for action.
- Must possess a passion for motivation and bringing out the best in themselves and all others on the team.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and communicate effectively with the company’s customers and suppliers.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must possess a high degree of composure during periods of stress.
- Strong communication, organizational, and management skills are essential for this role.