Find a Great Opportunity
Check out the full time, temp-to-hire and temporary jobs waiting for you.
Indianapolis, IN 46278
The Assembler II performs assembly of mechanical, electrical and shipping assemblies that meet customer, quality and engineering specifications. Responsibilities may include submitting fully operational equipment assemblies for quality checks, as well as training other assemblers. This position will identify and seek to resolve quality issues, job documentation and suggest continuous improvements. The Assembler II will always practice safety in the highest regard!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows drawings, electrical/pneumatic schematics, work instructions, job documentation and verbal instructions to ensure proper assembly of components
- Coordinates activities with supervisor, engineering and other assemblers working on the same project
- Assembles crates and packaging materials
- Plans and lays out assembly projects as to sequence of assembly, testing procedures, component and wiring arrangement, etc., to confirm with drawings, wiring diagrams and engineering specifications
- Responsible for the assembly of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components
- Inspects parts for proper finish, working order and dimensions
- Assists with or independently checks and tests subassemblies and units
- Assists less experienced assemblers and has the potential to train other assemblers (Levels I and II)
- Operates equipment such as a drill press, band saw, cut-off saw, power hand tools and other shop equipment
- Resourcefully resolves assembly/design problems, working closely with their supervisor and other employees to suggest revisions to a design that improves both the quality and the cost containment
- Participate and/or lead Operational Excellence, Lean, and other process improvement measures