3301 W. Purdue Ave.? Muncie, IN 47305
Phone: (765) 282-6400? Fax: (765) 282-6411
ASG, Inc. Position Description
"Alliance for Strategic Growth, Inc. Exists to empower the Eastern Indiana workforce to meet existing and future sector-driven employment demands."
POSITION: Young Adult Career Advisor
DATE WRITTEN: January 2017
SUPERVISOR: ASG, Inc. Associate Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Incumbent provides employment and training services for out of school youth ages 16 through 24. Employment and training services include creating and delivering workshops for job readiness and job search, employer contact to assist with job placement, post-placement follow-up activities, and appropriate referrals to outside sources as needed. Incumbent is responsible to determine eligibility, complete skill and interest assessments and provide career counseling. Incumbent is responsible to plan and implement integration of WIOA services throughout their assigned community.
Primary Team Functions and Responsibilities: Planning:
1. Communicate on a regular basis with the ASG/WorkOne manager and other members of the
Operations team to coordinate the direction and central planning necessary for the successful administration, and management of the Youth program in assigned counties of responsibility.
2. Recommends and/or implements processes and procedures for service delivery.
3. Participates, as appropriate, in ASG/WorkOne meetings for various projects or task forces being executed.
Supervision, Direction, Facilitation:
1. Coordinates and facilitates the daily enrollment and service delivery in
the assigned counties of responsibility.
2. Directs and informs other team members about their activities as it relates to the overall workforce development objectives set by ASG, Inc.
3. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with ASG Inc. S policies and applicable laws.
Education and Experience:
1. Prefer an Associate s degree or at least 4 years on the job experience in social work, business, or marketing.
2. Must have some case management, planning or service implementation experience.
3. Must have experience and the proven ability to facilitate outcomes with clients.
1. Achieve results. Incumbent must be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of ASG Inc., a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
2. Leadership. Incumbent must be able to lead jobseekers in the fulfillment of their desire to gain employment. This involves the exercise of authority, developing and motivating others, setting goals and monitoring results.
3. Interface effectively with others. (Interpersonal Skills) Incumbent must be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
4. Plan and organize work. Incumbent must be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make and implement plans.
5. Manage change. Incumbent must display initiative and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
1. Become familiar with Economic Growth Region 6 Workforce Development Board (WDB), Regional Operator, Department of Workforce Development and ASG s overall philosophy, goals, objectives, applicable regulation, policies and procedures in order to develop an understanding of job and how position duties relate to the broad level and assure all activities are consistent with such and lead to their achievement.
2. Become familiar with and adhere to federal, state and local regulations, policies, plans and procedures that govern how, what and when work is to be completed.
3. Actively supports and embraces the WDB s vision and mission for the ASG/WorkOne system.
4. Responsible to determine program eligibility based upon requirements as outlined in WDB and WorkOne policies.
5. Responsible to provide in-depth career counseling to those enrolled including career options and steps for achievement.
6. Responsible to create and/or deliver individual or group workshops on career options, job readiness and job search.
7. Responsible to provide customers and general public with core services including explanations of services, resume preparation, registering for work in state and web data bases, conducting workshops on job readiness and job search and referrals to appropriate partner agencies.
8. Management of a case load.
9. High skill level in written and oral communication with emphasis on motivating effectively.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Responsible to work in a team situation for achievement of the common goals of the WDB and WorkOne system.
12. Responsible for completeness and accuracy of customer data in the customer case management system.
13. Responsible to assist as requested with planning and implementation of special projects.
14. Responsible to assist in achievement of program goals.
15. Responsible for the completion of necessary forms, paperwork and reports to manage county level, program level, and subcontractor level achievement of goals.
16. Responsible to develop On the Job Training, Work Experience contracts and job placements for customers as needed.
17. Responsible to maintain systems which provide an organized and written audit trail.
18. Ability to learn, administer and interpret assessment and training instruments.
19. Responsible for clerical support to self.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
21. Responsible to travel outside the office as required.
22. Responsible to project a professional image in manner and appearance