Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
1st Shift 6: 00am-2: 30pm OT required during busy season.
The primary result expected from the Sewing Operator will be sewing and assembly of materials and subassemblies.
The Sewing Operator will resolve problems, verify product to standards and complete preventative maintenance requirements.
The Sewing Operator must communicate with co-workers and supervisors to solve process and product problems and accurately record production information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Use sewing machine to join, gather, hem, reinforce, or decorate materials or fabricated articles.
2. Perform a variety of misc. Assembly operations.
3. Verify product quality using established standards, specifications and work instructions.
4. Record various production and quality data.
5. Packages and labels product to established work instructions.
6. Acquires, moves and maintains stores of components and materials required in cell.
7. Moves finish product to designated locations.
8. Follows all applicable safety, quality and manufacturing standards.
9. Actively participates in applicable lean and other employee involvement activities.
10. Completes any required TPM in the cell.