Pro Resources Staffing- voted Best of Staffing 2017, has teamed up with a local Commercial Roofing Contractor here in Fort Wayne. They are looking for hardworking, qualified candidates with:
Balance: Roofers work on roofs, which might have very steep pitches. Balance is crucial to the job and a roofer's safety.
Strength: Roofers need to be able to carry heavy materials, like bundles of shingles, up ladders and onto roofs.
Stamina: Roofers spend most of their day on their feet outside, sometimes during intense heat or cold.
No Fear of Heights: Roofs can be very high. Roofers need to be steady and unafraid of being in high places.
Job Duties Can Include:
1) Align roofing materials with edges of roofs.
2) Apply alternate layers of hot asphalt or tar and roofing paper to roofs, according to specification.
3) Apply gravel or pebbles over top layers of roofs, using rakes or stiff-bristled brooms.
4) Apply plastic coatings and membranes, fiberglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles.
5) Cement or nail flashing-strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
6) Cover exposed nail heads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage and rust.
7) Cover roofs and exterior walls of structures with slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, and/or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers and other tools.
8) Cut felt, shingles, and strips of flashing; and fit them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces.
9) Cut roofing paper to size using knives; and nail or staple roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials.
Must be able to work 1st Shift, 9-10 hour days, including Saturdays.
No High School Diploma/GED required.