Summary: Safely perform highly-repetitive assembly or oven tending operations per the work instructions and quality specifications to produce a completed unit. Products are standardized and methods are prescribed. Work is done in a work cell or assembly line environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assembly and Tubing:
- Perform repetitive hand and bench assembly of varying sizes using adhesives, fasteners, hand tools, fixtures and other small machine assists.
- Tend the baking oven.
- Fill molds with sand as required.
- Apply caps if necessary.
- Load and unload materials from oven in a timely manner.
- Adjust temperature and speed of oven per work instruction.
- Start up and shut down oven.
- Clean and maintain baking molds.
- Package and palletize products for shipment:
- Select and verify appropriate boxes, inserts, liners and labels.
- Assemble cardboard cartons, end caps.
- Seal and band boxes by hand using semi-automated banding machine.
- Color code parts as required for visual identification and traceability.
- Perform work according to work instructions.
- Maintain policies and procedures in accordance with the Company s systems relating to: Environmental standards, Quality management, Safety, and 5-S.
- Inspect raw materials and finished products to detect defective parts.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area according to 5-S and ISO program parameters.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, and Job Requirements:
- G.E.D. Or equivalent.
- Able to process and follow verbal directions and written instructions.
- Able to read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Able to perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Able to record information.
- Able to think independently.
- Able to work closely with others as part of a team and independently.
- Able to remain calm under stress.
- Good physical dexterity, stamina and vision.