Pro Resources Staffing Service is assisting our client in their search for a Maintenance Mechanic for a world leader in engineered ploymer solutions. This is a Direct Hire opportunity for Bristol, IN. All shifts available. Full time with great benefits.
General Purpose: Perform at an advanced skill level a variety of tasks in mechanical and electrical repairs, preventive maintenance and light fabrication; in regards to process machinery, equipment and general facilities.
Principal Functions / Accountabilities:
Qualified on AC voltage up to 480V
Maintain and troubleshoot AC/DC motor and drive controls
Heating elements, thermocouples, pressure transducers and related controls
Maintain and install new plant power wiring and panels
Troubleshoot electrical systems; i.E.: read and interpret prints and manuals, replace contactors, relays, switches, etc. And use related tools and instruments
Motor bearings and gearbox maintenance
Maintain/Repair chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, belts, etc.
Machine repair and preventive maintenance adhering to manufacturer requirements
3. Pneumatics: Maintain plant compressed air system and equipment systems/components
4. Hydraulics: Maintain hydraulic presses and perform press die changeovers (to suit)
5. Welding: Arc & Gas Welding and Cutting
6. Other related skills or accountabilities
5S Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
NFPA 70E Codes & Standards i.E.: Lock-Out Tag-Out, Arc Flash Safety Awareness, Electrical Safety Principles and adherence to internal safety procedures
Operate mobile equipment (lift trucks & scissor lift)
Keep plant machinery, mechanical equipment and the general facility in good preventive maintenance and repair.
Light fabrication and repairs
Available/Volunteer for call-in, overtime when the need arises for crucial repairs and to support production and willing to travel local & out-of-town.
Working Knowledge of PLC programming
Uphold Customer s s organizational values by practicing and utilizing Code of Conduct and Core Values
Responsible for following through with Customer s s Mission, Vision, and Values and ensuring that we will provide quality products and services representing superior value that result in complete customer satisfaction and will constantly improve on our ability to deliver on this philosophy.
Basic Qualifications (knowledge, skill & abilities required to perform this position): Advanced level requires GED or high school graduate, 2 years technical training with 5+ years related experience or no less than 10 years equivalent. Perform advanced mechanic & electrical installs, diagnostics, maintain and troubleshoot, computer skill required to maintain maintenance records and documentation, work with limited supervision and provide work training to less experienced maintenance and production staff.
Physical Requirements (such as lifting, standing, walking, working frequent overtime and/or weekends, exposure to certain chemicals, unusual job stress):
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and over the phone. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and strength to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
1. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. The work environment of Maintenance Mechanics may differ depending on the task at hand. For the most part they are in the plant and on their feet in a noisy atmosphere. They often times drive from building to building when needed or they drive to get supplies and materials.