Direct Hire Opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic in Bristol, IN!
Candidate must be available for 2nd shift (3pm-11: 15pm) or 3rd shift (11pm-7: 15am)
Training will be on 1st shift (7am-3: 15pm)
Starting rate is $20.05/hr with shift premiums 2nd shift at $.075/hr and 3rd at $0.50/hr.
General Purpose: Perform at an intermediate skill level a variety of tasks in mechanical repairs, semi-skilled in electrical repairs, preventive maintenance and light fabrication; in regards to process machinery, equipment and general facilities.
Principal Functions / Accountabilities:
1. Semi-Skilled Electrical (Restrictions may apply)
Awareness of AC voltage up to 480V
Assist in maintaining and troubleshooting AC/DC motor and drive controls
Heating elements, thermocouples, pressure transducers and related controls
Awareness of plant power wiring and panels
Semi-skilled with programmable controllers
Entry level of troubleshooting electrical systems; i.E.: read and interpret prints and manuals, replace contactors, relays, switches, etc. And use related tools and instruments
Motor bearings and gearbox maintenance
Maintain/Repair chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, belts, etc.
Machine repair and preventive maintenance adhering to manufacturer requirements
3. Pneumatics: Maintain plant compressed air system and equipment systems/components
4. Hydraulics: Maintain hydraulic presses and perform press die changeovers (to suit)
5. Welding: Arc & Gas Welding and Cutting
6. Other related skills or accountabilities
5S Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
NFPA 70E Codes & Standards i.E.: Lock-Out Tag-Out, Arc Flash Safety Awareness, Electrical Safety Principles and adherence to internal safety procedures
Operate mobile equipment (lift trucks & scissor lift)
Keep plant machinery, mechanical equipment and the general facility in good preventive maintenance and repair.
Light fabrication and repairs
Available/Volunteer for call-in, overtime when the need arises for crucial repairs and to support production and willing to travel local & out-of-town.
Uphold Customer s organizational values by practicing and utilizing Code of Conduct and Core Values
Responsible for following through with Customer s Mission, Vision, and Values and ensuring that we will provide quality products and services representing superior value that result in complete customer satisfaction and will constantly improve on our ability to deliver on this philosophy.
Basic Qualifications (knowledge, skill & abilities required to perform this position): Intermediate level requires GED or high school graduate, 2 years technical training or no less than 3 years related experience. Perform mechanical & limited electrical installs, diagnostics, maintain and troubleshoot, computer skill required to maintain maintenance records and documentation, assist/learn from more experienced personnel, work with limited technical guidance/supervision and provide work training to less experienced production staff.
Physical Requirements (such as lifting, standing, walking, working frequent overtime and/or weekends, exposure to certain chemicals, unusual job stress):
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in person and over the phone. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and strength to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
1. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. The work environment of Maintenance Mechanics may differ depending on the task at hand. For the most part they are in the plant and on their feet in a noisy atmosphere. They often times drive from building to building when needed or they drive to get supplies and materials.